Adsense

Wednesday 1 April 2015

April Fools Day 2015

Matthew 5:22 NIV
[22] But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Psalm 14:1-2 NIV
[1] The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. [2] The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

God using word fool is pretty strong, it is not a good word to be used or address to one another.

Luke 12:13-21 NIV
[13] Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” [14] Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” [15] Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.” [16] And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. [17] He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.' [18] “Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. [19] And I'll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” ' [20] “But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?' [21] “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”

He does not call him that because:
  • he is dishonest.
  • he is failed to plan ahead
In our society, this guy might be the one of very successful people.

1. A foolish person is a thankless person
Twelves time in short passage this man said 'I' or 'ME' or 'MY' or the like

2. Foolish person is blinded by lies
12 apostles does not have a place to stay, but this person having such abandon life, and yet he wants build bigger barn to ensure he can store more wealth.

3. Foolish person is forget about others
Verse 19. It explain that the person want to take life easy and it is all about him. He forget others.

4. The foolish person forget about future.
Verse 20. This very night the life will be demanded from you. 
The person is building something that only last temporary but should build something that last forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment